United Aero Helicopters‘ fleet of aircraft are maintained by our own maintenance division called AeroFix Pty Ltd. AeroFix’s fully equipped & licensed maintenance facilities are approved by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority under Regulation 30 to carry out maintenance on the following:
- Airframe Groups 2, 19, 20.
- Engine Groups 22, Allison 250, PT6, Arriel, LTS 101.
- Class A & B Ex-military A/C not classified under group 20.
- Maintenance of A/C airframe components, engines & engine components including brake assemblies, hydraulic components, role equipment & wheel assemblies.
- Maintenance of lead acid batteries & Ni-cad batteries.
AeroFix employees are a team of highly experienced, Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (LAMEs) headed by Mick Stewart, our Chief Engineer, who has 35 years experience in the industry.
AeroFix‘s main engineering facility is at Camden with a satellite base at Ellerston in the Upper Hunter Region.
AeroFix maintains a high standard of aircraft serviceability and reliability, even in remote areas, where field servicing is often required to maximize efficiency without delays or interruption to flight operations.
Our engineers also conduct regular maintenance programs on specialist role equipment owned by the company including water buckets, incendiary machines, fuelling systems, foaming units etc.
AeroFix holds comprehensive spare parts stores to minimize any down time due to lead parts ordering times. What is not held we can source from a comprehensive database of suppliers at competitive rates as required.